[SLUG-ANNOUNCE] Tampa Meetings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 21:43:58 EDT

Folks:

The silence has been deafening on the disposition of the Tampa meetings.
As a result, Wayne Pollock of HCC has arranged to have meetings on 2nd
TUESDAYS at HCC, starting in October. Wayne's Wednesday classes
precluded a lot of HCC students attending SLUG meetings, so hopefully
we'll get more HCC students there on Tuesdays.

In order for HCC to sanction these meetings, they must have an actual
Linux club there, complete with officers and bylaws. At this first
meeting, they will probably need to attend to this business.

I will be running the first of these meetings on 12 October (Wayne
threatened my life ;-), but a successor will need to be chosen at that
meeting. If you SLUGs don't speak up, it will likely be an HCC student,
who may well be temporary. Your choice.

The website has been updated, and the next meeting announcement will
reflect the change.

As always, all are welcome, and particularly welcome to bring ailing
machines.

Paul M. Foster
President
Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG)