[SLUG-ANNOUNCE] State of the Group

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 15:31:45 EDT

SLUG Members:

Some changes have occurred recently which I figured I should tell you
about.

First, Mario Lombardo has stepped away from leading the Tampa meetings,
and has put an HCC student named Bill Davison in as a replacement. I
haven't met Bill, but Mario speaks highly of him. The next and future
Tampa meetings will be run by Bill.

Second, St Pete meetings are cancelled until after the summer. According
to Aaron, the university isn't allowing us to use their facilities over
the summer. Aaron may be looking for another venue, or he may go back to
the university after the summer. Either way, I've cancelled St Pete
meetings for the indefinite future. Until I hear back from Aaron, I
will assume St Pete meetings are cancelled.

Additionally, for those of you who may have showed up at Monday's St
Pete meeting only to find no meeting, my apologies. I didn't find out
about the cancellation in time to make an announcement that you would
have seen.

Third, I'm personally going to make the trip to Tampa for the first
meeting in May. I would like to meeting Bill, and I'd like to get a feel
for what's been happening at the Tampa meetings. In addition, I have
several months' worth of books and other raffle items I've been saving
up. Since I don't personally run a meeting, these items just sit around
in my office. Better if I bring them to Tampa and let you win them.

That's about it. I just wanted to keep you up to date and remove any
mystery (if there was any) about current group events.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster