[SLUG-ANNOUNCE] (FWD) OpenStreetMap event in Tampa, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 03:00:18 EST

Folks:

Thought this might be of interest to some of you...

----- Forwarded message from Matt Toups <matthew@cloudmade.com> -----

From: Matt Toups <matthew@cloudmade.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:57:12 -0600
To: info@suncoastlug.org
Cc: paulf@quillandmouse.com, skkonn@gmail.com, asteimle@washpat.com
Subject: [BOGO?]OpenStreetMap event in Tampa, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1

Hi Sun Coast LUG folks,

My name is Matt Toups and I'm a Regional Community Ambassador for
OpenStreetMap.org. Are you familiar with our project? OpenStreetMap
(OSM) works under a creative commons license and is a community built
map of your community, and the whole world.

I'm helping to organize a mapping party in Tampa on the weekend of
February 28/March 1, and I'd love to get the word out to folks in
SLUG. I think our project will be of interest to folks in the Linux
and Open Source community. Here's some info on our plans for the
weekend:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tampa_Mapping_Party_-_February_2009

It should be a lot of fun, and a great way for both tech and non-tech
folks to work on a great opensource project together. (I've been both
a personal and professional linux devotee for many years and I've been
really excited to get involved with OSM recently)

I'd also like to be in touch about giving a talk to your group at some
point in the future, is there a regular meeting that someone from OSM
could attend?

Thanks for your time, and I hope I can meet some of you or other
members of your group during our mapping party weekend!

Matt

--
Matthew Toups, OpenStreetMap.org Regional Community Ambassador
matthew@cloudmade.com  ||  504-684-4676 (504-684-4OSM)  ||  Skype:

----- End forwarded message -----

Paul -- Paul M. Foster