Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] CTS Radio Commercial

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 00:11:35 EDT

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:06:35PM -0400, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

<snip>

> My example of this is the ecological
> attrocities which King George and Dick Cheney (oh, such appropriate
> name), are paving the way for with their new legislation (energy).

Alright, I'm gonna nail you to the wall on this one. Precisely how does
more domestic drilling produce ecological atrocities? Alaska has
benefitted from their pipeline, at least if you ask the Caribou, which
everyone was worried about.

Let's just skip the argument that we _need_ to exploit domestic oil
supplies. And let's just skip the argument that we should conserve
ourselves into non-dependence on oil. And let's just ignore the
automatic prejudice you have against the pres and veep because they were
in the oil industry. (And by the way, they've divested themselves of oil
industry holdings.) And lets just skip the idea that people don't like
the way oil derricks _look_ on the tundra or in the Gulf.

I want to know exactly what harm is certain from domestic oil
exploitation. No rhetoric, buddy.

Paul