Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: [svlug] PPTP? (fwd)

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 19:14:56 EDT

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 05:29:17PM -0400, Isaiah Weiner wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 05:26:56PM -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> > I just don't understand sniping at people on a list, even if they're
> > idiots. We've had some on the list (SLUG list, mostly), and I can't see
> > where it accomplishes much to snipe at them. Mostly makes you look
> > arrogant and intolerant.
>
> If it runs them off, it's frequently used. Keep in mind SVLUG is the
> largest LUG in the country. At last month's meeting I think we had 160
> people in attendance, but I'd have to check. You get a lot of idiots when
> you have 160 people _at_ your meeting. ;)

I have noooo doubts about that.

And I'm sure that SVLUG's list is huge as well, with the requisite
number of idiots. And of course, they are free to do as they like.

Again, though, I don't like the tactic. In banishing a few people here,
I've never had to do this. (Not that I didn't feel like whackin' 'em
upside the head!)

Paul