[SLUG-POL] Re: [svlug] PPTP? (fwd)

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 11:29:19 EDT

Paul commented at the use of abusive tactics generally as a
tactic in mailing lists; Isaiah (the last we heard, assigned
to CA by RH on a support assignment -- how is it going?)
remarked that every group has its share -- and the bigger the
group, the bigger the 'serving'.

My surprise was that a 'name' in the community, Rick Moen, was
being so callous.

I usually do not block forward, but this one deserves it -- it
is a fine summary of abusive techniques; Interestingly in
the thread following the forwarded content, the poster
'cwwesley@udlug.org' was taken to task, rather than Moen.
Me? I concur with cwwesley

Wacky and kooky California, again, I guess. Great climate;
beautiful scenery, but all the nuts seem to roll to the
western end of the country.

-- Russ

P.S.. The sender's domain, "udlug.org", is the Univ of
Delaware -- another 'carpetbagger', as Smitty was accused of
being. (or me as a one of the troublemakers who ticked off
the prior mailing list provider <grin>) - R