[SLUG-POL] And don't even get me started on the environment ... (forgot paragraph)

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 10:08:32 EDT

[ I accidently hit "send" than "save" when cutting and pasting, so
the 3rd paragraph is new. ]

This nation's environmental policy is run by people who don't have
jobs. Why? The EPA has day-time meetings that are open to the
public. As such, our national environmental policy is a joke.

First and foremost is the joke know as the "zero emissions vehicle"
-- you know, electric cars. Did you know electric cars use upto 5x
as much fossil fuels as the ICE (internal combustion engine)? Why?
Just WTF do you think the electricity comes from? And you think
California could handle the load of that on their power grid?

Worse yet, and liberals were panzy screwing with electric cars for
the past two decades, enough engineers finally got together and
privately funded a _real_ alternative. The gas-electric hybrid
vehicle. The result? More hybrid vehicles were sold in 6 months
than all electric cars ever produced -- _ever_, including commercial
vehicles.

Which also explains why California has the worst issues. From
electricity to emissions, why is California so bad? One
explaination: They haven't approved the creation of a new power
plant in 20 years, and no new construction has been done in 10.
Today's power plants run almost an order of magnitude cleaner and
more efficient than those designed 20 years ago. While some argue
if technology is progress, if you use technology, you _must_ keep up
with the latest progresses.

We also have environmentalists who use the "Endangered Species" list
to conserve land. This not only includes animals, but plants.
"Wetlands" are the biggest joke I have ever seen. Just because a
supposed "wetland" tree is on a piece of land, it is now a "wetland"
and you cannot touch it. Forget the fact that the "wetland" itself,
let alone the "wetland" trees are located within the right-of-way of
a major highway.

And don't even get me started on carbon dioxide. Mankind cannot do
anything about it because the _biggest_producer_, by an
_order_of_magnitude_, is mother nature. Even W. brought this up in
the debates, of course the mainstream Liberal TV media said he
"renig'd" on his CO2 stance when, in fact, he hasn't changed at
all. Besides, more carbon dioxide is a good thing. Vegetation life
is thriving!

These are all things I have _personally_seen_ myself, and been
involved with. And the worst part is trying to explain them to
people without any scientific knowledge just kills me. And even
some that do have the knowledge let it take a "back seat" to
political correctness (PC).

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413