[SLUG-POL] teaching kids to shoot

From: Jim (jlange1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 17:45:40 EDT

My brother-in-law sent this to me and I thought I would pass it on :-)

BEST COMEBACK

Gotta love those gun control advocates.... I was listening to the radio the
other day, and I heard one of the all-time best comeback lines in my life.
Note: This is an exact replication of National Public Radio (NPR) interview
between a female broadcaster, and US Army General Reinwald who was about to
sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach
these young boys when they visit your base?"

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and
shooting."

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the
rifle range."

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous
activity to be teaching children?"

GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle
discipline before they even touch a firearm."

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

GENERAL REINWALD: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not
one, are you?"

The radio went silent and the interview ended