Re: [SLUG-POL] open source projects for national security?

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 00:55:52 EDT

Bryan-TheBS-Smith wrote:

> Robert Haeckl wrote:
> > I'm sorry. I was just kidding about the Dubya. ;-}
>
> Oh, I know. Just understand I'm not here to win/loss. I'm here to
> point out falsehoods and state facts. I just want to make sure
> everyone realizes that, despite the overwhelming popular beliefs in
> America, most Arab nations and peoples are very peaceloving.

I want to believe you. I just don't see it yet. I've heard that
radicals represent less than 10% of the Pakistani citizenry, but you
wouldn't know it from the popular media. All they show are burning
effigies, lunatics, and an occasional, seemingly confused official. It
must be very risky to publicly take a moderate view in these countries.

-Robert