Re: [SLUG-POL] Text of the Emerson ruling

From: herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:14:56 EDT

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> > http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/99/99-10331-cr0.htm
>
> I'm sure I'm being naive, but I hope this puts a cap on further court
> debates on the interpretation of the Second Amendment. The decision is
> exceptionally well researched and reasonable.

It looks like a Law Review compilation article; does a nice job
setting forth the individual vs. collective right argument, and
leaves little 'wiggle room' for the collectivists <grin>.

But in result, it also allows a mere scintilla of allegation, rather
than an affirmative, well framed 'your rights are at risk' showing
of evidence at a hearing after notice and preparation, to give
effect to the federal Lautenberg Amendment extending firearms
disabilities.

-- Russ