Re: [SLUG-POL] Just Testing - Oil Crisis?

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 11:29:41 EST

Jim Wildman wrote:

> I'll guess that the refineries have also completed their switchover to
> heating oil and that more production is on line.

> Jim Wildman jim@rossberry.com
> 903-736-4393

George Bush made an appeal last night to encourage domestic production
of oil to decrease the dependency on foreign oil. With the 30% drop in
gas prices, it seems to me that foreign sources are more dependent on us
to buy. Increasing domestic production might decrease dependency, but I
doubt that this will translate into relatively cheap energy costs.
Supply might remain steady, but I doubt prices will.

-Robert