Re: [SLUG-POL] Just Testing - Oil Crisis?

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 19:00:55 EST

> > > Is that Guh-norb, or is the G silent?
> > >

> > Silent "G". I can't stand that gagging noise
> people
> > say when they butcher the word "Gnome" (Silent
> "G").
> > It's like a guy I met one time - said it was
> > "Gee-Nome". Hmm....
> >

> But I thought you said it was pronounced like "GNU"
> ??!!!?

Nah - the reason GNU is pronounced like that is
because it would be confused with "NEW" - at least
that's the only thing that would make sense. It's
still gramatically incorrect, however...

=====
Attention is living; inattention is dying.
The attentive never stop; the inattentive are dead already.

-Dhammapada 21, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.