Re: [SLUG-POL] Merry Christmas

From: Jim (jlange1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2001 - 01:02:03 EST

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive,
gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within
the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular
practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions
and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all;"
plus
"a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated
recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year, but not
without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only
"AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed,
color, age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual preference of the
wisher or choice of *computer platform*. "

-- plagiarized by Jim

(Disclaimer: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This
greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable
with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the
wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and
is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of
the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual
application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance
of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
discretion of the wisher who assumes no responsibility for any unintended
emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the
holiday spirit.)

* actually 'computer platform' should be replaced with 'Linux disro' ;)