Re: [SLUG-POL] HP Servers - Microsoft (R) Windows XP Support Statement

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 01:24:02 EST

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:48:19PM -0500, Russ Herrold wrote:

> http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI
> =nsldp&LC=information_storage&Tfile=lpn10381
>
> Sorry about the multi-line url -- _I_ didn't plan it that way
>
> I was looking for parts for a HP Netserver LD, and came across
> a general statement by HP of their models upon which they will
> support Windows XP -- grand total, across ALL lines is zero --
>
> -- un-friggin-believable.

You expected otherwise? You don't run XP on servers; you run 2K on
servers. Still, I can only imagine they don't want to have to do full
testing on a bad combination across their whole server line. Expensive.
Or maybe they don't want to get caught out when Microsoft pulls Windows
from the market. <snicker>

Paul