Re: [SLUG-POL] an attempt at humor

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 08:34:05 EST

On 14 Jan 2003 00:41:30 -0500, Jim Lange wrote:

-> I'm forming a new users group called JUG-Jim's User
Group. It's very
-> exclusive. If your name isn't Jim, you ain't getting in.
The first
-> meeting will be at my house where I will copy CDs for you for
50 cents
-> each. Soft drinks are $1 and internet access is 25 cents for
15
-> minutes.

Wow, this sounds like a great alternative to SLUG. I'm going to
change my name to Jim, just so I can join. Fortunately, I will
not have to buy new monogrammed shirts.

There's nothing wrong with SLUG. I think they are wonderful,
helpful people. However, they are despicable jerks. I like
SLUG a lot, but it's so nice to have this great alternative.

I see that you are charging $1 for soft drinks, but I presume
the beer is free? Please accept this as my official
application--I'll get back to you when my name change goes
through.

John