Re: [SLUG-POL] top posting

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 07:02:48 EDT

> > People say it is the most annoying thing for them.

The most annoying thing is people who re-post long
bunches of non-applicable words, to reply to a single point,
and then bury their reply in one line, next to whatever
they were trying to answer.

> Here is, I think, the crux of the matter. People don't want to
> interleave replies because they "might not want to go through the
> trouble." It's really not a question of whether one wants to go to the
> trouble or not; it's a question of manners.

Go to the trouble? Your posting is competing with a lot
of other noise, as Paul aptly pointed out. If you care enough to
make the reply, then care enough to make it visible to
your audience.

Actually the most annoying thing is seeing five copies of the
NKS disclaimer, all right next to each other. One will do. This
is simply courtesy of the sender, taking time to edit.

My personal preference is top posting as I can generally
re-acquire the thread topic right away, especially on low
volume lists such as this. All I want to see is the latest
comment. If you want to be really annoyed, read the
broadcast list where everything is re-posted five times.

In closing, do it as I do. (-* ducking %$ ]

Bob