Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: Can't you make a point without one-sided political figure jabs? -- WAS: making a usb device persist longer

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 22:21:41 EDT

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 11:16:22AM -0400, Levi Bard wrote:

> > 1) liberal; 2) seeks to be provocative for the
> > sake of provocation; 3) seeks to erode American democratic values and
> > replace them with anarchist, chaotic, amoral values.
>
> So conservatives always espouse their agendas? Or do they fall under #3? :P

Yes to the former, obviously no to the latter. In fact, conservatives
and libertarians are the ones seeking to maintain American democratic
values.

> And why do I get the feeling that numbers one, two, and three are seen
> to be fairly synonymous?

They usually are, but they manifest differently. It's easier for people
to see them if you break them out that way. Although I must say, there
are people who are neither conservative nor liberal, but who still seek
to incite and provoke.

Paul