[SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] MS gets smacked

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 10:08:47 EDT

> The only other
> alternative is a political revolution which will undoubtedly lead to
> communism or fascism. So, in conclusion, our poor little country here
> is headed toward one of three things: Anarchy, Communism, or a Facist
> dictatorship. There. I said it. (Oh, I suppose this would fit better
> on the "politics" list, huh? How do I get on that, anyway?)

Why do you assume that a revolution will lead to an extreme right or
extreme left government? The American revolution didn't lead to
fascism (unless you count the gradual approach we're making now). The
French revolution didn't lead to fascism or communism. Generally
after a revolution, the people that instigated it are keen to avoid
the mess they worked so hard to get out of.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html