slug Re: [SLUG] Flight Sims & Spanish Linux (Was Wine)

From: Tim Spalding (dominus@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 02:46:10 EDT

Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> Anyone know any GOOD flight sims for Linux that are relatively easy to
> use (i.e. Joystick)? I tried Sabre, but it's a real bear to learn the
> controls.

I didn't know about Sabre, but have you checked out Flight Gear? It's open
source, with free map data available from the web site
(http://www.flightgear.org). And if you're running Mandrake, you might check
out the contrib directory on one of their mirrors for RPMs. The two you're
looking for are flightgear and simgear.

Hope this helps. I'm curious to hear how well it works.