[SLUG] Trial Balloon - Polo Shirts

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 18:38:34 EDT

SLUGs:

I'm just sending this to the SLUG list as a trial to check response
before I put it before the announce list.

We have Polo Shirts. (Well, we don't really have them yet. They're
"vaporwear" until I get some orders.)

Here are the details:

Anvil brand shirts, 50% cotton/50% poly in Pique Knit
6.5 ounce, preshrunk, 3 button, no pocket, ribbed cuffs.
Sizes S to 3XL
Colors: white, heather grey, black, ivy, navy and red

This isn't a top-of-the-line shirt, but it's quality. Not like t-shirt
material.

They will have the SLUG logo, sort of. If you look at the SLUG logo,
in the letters you see the gradation of color from yellow to dark purple
at the bottom. Instead of this, we'll just have a yellow at the top and
blue at the bottom inside the letters, like if you were at the beach
(goes with the palm tree, see?).

Our setup fee is $90. Each shirt will cost $15.75 + tax, regardless of
color or size. We have to buy in lots of 12 and the cost is based on
less than 50 quantity total. Assuming 50 shirts, the price to you would
be about $18.65 each.

I don't know if SLUG will be able to pay for them first, or if we'll
have to get your money first.

But the point here is this: At let's say $19 a pop, how many people want
them (and do you want more than one)? I'd like to get these ordered and
made before the CTS show.

Reply to me, preferably off-list, but on list if you just can't do it
any other way.

Paul