[SLUG] This is the end....

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 20:34:14 EDT

The last Microsoft running machine at my house is under attack. No, not
by crackers or script kiddies -- by Linux.

This weekend I installed two removeable drive racks in my wife's machine
and put her existing drive (with NT) in one rack and a new hard drive in
the other. With some help from me, she installed SuSE 7.1 on the new
drive and can simply physically swap the drives to boot one OS or the
other. I call it "swap boot" instead of dual boot. She was thrilled
with the new KDE 2 desktop and her comment at looking at some of the
installed software was "I got more stuff than God! What do I need NT
for?". Once I get the Wacom tablet driver installed I think it will be
over for MS at my house.

The SuSE install automatically found the NT partitions and put mounting
icons on the desktop for all the microsoft filesystems on the old NT
drive. Even the compressed NTFS file system mounts and it's files are
available under linux. I'm impressed.

"This is the end...
Can you picture what will be,
So limitless and free.."