Re: [SLUG] Re:

From: sotl155360@earthlink.net
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 21:32:20 EDT

Glen Canaday wrote:

> I'm looking at cam expert. The selling point here is how configurable the ISO
> output actually is.
>
> The accounting package: ok. There's the project right there. Accountants
> don't know crap about using a computer (at least it must be assumed so), so
> an easy to use accounting package sounds right up Linux's alley. I can think
> of several customers who could make the switch if at least this were
> available.
>
> Glen
And from what I have observed they do not know crap about accounting
either.

There was a very nice account package that ran under dos way back then.

It would have been perfect for my usage, double entry project
bookkeeping: it had a great one line record, easy to configure, and it
was small and public domain too. Problem was that some idiot had decided
to make taxes a part of the system and there was no way to get rid of
taxes. So I call the author on the phone, some accounting type who did
program on the side. No matter how hard I tried to explain he just could
not understand that there were no taxes. He just could not grasp the
simple principal that one could have a situation where there are
situations where there are no taxes. A good example of this is a project
accounting where taxes are paid by the parent company but that does not
enter into the project's accounting. That is a function performed by
others.

I mention this because if you are interested I will see if I can find
that old program and email it to you. This would give you something to
work from in the idea department.

Frank