[SLUG] FW: Explaining the benefits of Linux

From: Dennis Tribble (jtribble@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 05:21:21 EDT

I went to a jobsite where I was asked to upgrade the motherboard and cpu in
a pc running OEM version of MS Windows. When I told them they would also
have to purchase a new license for Windows they said I was crazy and asked
me to leave.

Obviously this would not have been a problem if they were using Linux.

Can anyone direct me to a website that clearly explains this issue in a way
that non-technical customers can understand?