[SLUG] SuSE Online Update

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 23:57:07 EDT

Just for kicks I tried the Online Update feature on SuSE 7.1. I
generally don't go in for any kind of automatic software update schemes,
having been burned more than once with Microsoft's service packs. I
opted for the "manual" option and pressed the next buttons instead of
allowing everything to go without supervision. It all worked real
smooth, made a list of available updates, told me which ones were
relevant to my setup and allowed to get details on the patches and
select which ones I wanted. Feeling re-assured, I let it go and it
downloaded the patch rpms, ran the updates and that was that.

Isn't RedHat and/or Eazel charging for this update service. It works
great on SuSE and didn't cost me a dime.

Ed.