Re: [SLUG] Mount point does not exist - 2

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 21:49:01 EDT

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 05:39:25PM -0400, Frank Roberts wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:44:39PM -0400, Frank Roberts wrote:

<snip>

> > Okay, you keep posting the same example, which is inconsistent with what
> > I know of fstab. So I'm going to assume you're using an fstab file
> > formatted like the rest of us. I'm going to step-by-step the fstab file
> > edit, so you see what each thing should be and why.

<snip>

> I am well aware that my knowledge of Linux is much much less than yours.
> I have not been playing with it as long nor did I start with the earlier
> versions like you did. But I do have a little bit of knowledge. Not much
> but a little bit. Also my procedures are not that bad either.

My apologies. It wasn't my intent to belittle your Linux expertise. But
since you repeatedly posted similar [seemingly incorrect] fstabs, I
assumed it was necessary to cut back and explain the subject from a more
elementary perspective. My mistake.

BTW folks, there's a spectrum of Linux knowledge in this group that
spans from raw Windows people to people like Russ, Derrick, Ian and
others. I am _not_ in that latter class. I'm somewhere in the middle. So
if I make a mistake, feel free to correct me.

Paul