Re: [SLUG] PPPoe and Lynx

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 06:49:38 EDT

Well back when I was using earthlink, before dropping
them because they kept dropping me. I had installed
PPPoe software from
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

It worked OK for me. I just got tired of Earthlink
dropping me for now reason about once a week. And I
also got tired of the support people not supporting
Linux. So everytime I had to check the connetion I had
to boot into windows. I went with Rapdisys and a
static IP no ppoe and my systems is not rock solid. In
the 4 months I've been with Rapidsys I've only been
dropped from the network once and it was a problem
with the Verizons switch.

Stepping down of the soap box.

Hope this helps.
Mike Manchester