Re: [SLUG] Participations

From: A. Harry Harrison (aharry@dcomptech.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 12:13:07 EDT

Is there some advantage to partioning a drive in this way? I get asked this
all the time, and really don't understand it. I understand boot and swap,
and/or partitoins of different types but what I don't understand are
multiple partions of the same type (ie four ext2 partions of various sizes)

I understand having seperate mount points for different subsystems (ie the
/home directory may be on a different drive or even different machine, etc)
but is there an advantage to having a /home directory mounted on a seperate
partition on the same physical drive?

Harry