RE: [SLUG] Re:samba, conf file

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 10:02:10 EDT

I have posted my smb.conf file below but it is large and I have tried to
eliminated most of it for you.

One important issue for me was the case sensitive = no; I had originally set
it to yes. Then I had to put username level = 1 because we limit the number
of upper case letters in the password to one. Linux goes through an
algorthym changing one letter at a time to match upper and lower case
passwords. The fewer uppercase the better.

Some of these entries may not be necessary, but then I am a newcomer also
and tend to over do it!!

[global]
   workgroup = <your workgroup here>
   netbios name = <your NB name here>