[SLUG] RedHat 7.1 Install fails

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 15:02:35 EDT

Has anyone installed RedHat 7.1? I just tried to
install it and after booting from my RH 7.1 CD (which
has installed all versions of RH since 6.0) The
install says it can't find a RH install CD. It then
told me to place a RH 7.1 install CD in the CD-Rom,
all well and good. But I can't open the CD-Rom as the
install has it locked.

I then tried Mandrake 8.0 and it had no problems with
the CD.

Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe a bad burn
but I was able to boot from the RH CD.

Maybe it's just time to switch to Mandrake :)

Thanks
Mike Manchester

=====