Re: [SLUG] iptables

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 20:34:22 EDT

patrick wrote:

> On Monday 30 April 2001 07:36 pm, you wrote:
> > patrick wrote:

> > > thought i'd mention Mandrake 8.0 has firewall built in
> >
> > SuSE Beat them to the punch. *mwahahaha*
> >
> > Norb
>
> but did they beat them to the punch with antialising. and surely
> they dont have mandrake update.

Yes they did and they have YaST, which also does the same thing, but
better :) (it does FULL dependencies checks, not partial ones that
fforget to tell you something is wrong until you've began to download)

> and by the way mandrake has
> a larger share of the market. we need to come together
> and support one distro now.

1)Where are you getting your info?
2)IF we do, it needs to be part of the open comunity and not just one
company. If I wanted to be held to one company as controler for the
distro I'd be using FreeBSD and be a slave - err loyalist - to BSDi or
whatever it just became (Wind River, River Wind... I forget which is the
company and which is the Dragonlance character). Sorry, but I kind of
LIKE the ability to argue for who's the best. If we all went to one,
Debian would probably have to be it, philosophically speaking.But then
again, if I was arguing philosophy, I'd also argue that all these
efforts are unethical to be done for profit unless all the money made
would be spread proportionally to all the developers involved. (except
the guy who invented ping, 'cause he's passed on to the big /etc/hosts
file in the sky).
3)I'm thinking this discussion should either go private or go to slug
politics. It's fun, but it's aboviously reaching the Jihad level I
anticipated.

Norb