Re: [SLUG] CVS Question

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 18:21:04 EDT

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Ronan Heffernan wrote:

> That file contains names/wildcards of files that CVS should not
> complain about (for C/C++ programmers, we often end up with a .o file
> for each .c file, but we never want to check-in the .o files). Don't
> forget to add the .cvsignore file to your repository (esp. if you use
> multiple working copies) Example .cvsignore:
>
> *.o
> *.swp
> untrustworthy.cxx
> core

Actually, there are a number of files that CVS will automatically ignore.
"*.o" and "core" are among them, so you do not have to add that to the
.cvsignore file in every directory you are compiling code in.

There is a wonderful CVS Manual that is distributed with the CVS
distribution but comes in the Postscript format. A better place to read
it is on the web at http://cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs.html where you have
links to the directories of the manual itself.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com