Re: [SLUG] RFC1149 (was Help...& Norb's trip from 2009

From: Jeffery Jacoby (phoenixj@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 01:13:59 EDT

Yeah slashdot had it a couple of days ago. Essentially a group used carrier
pigeons to transport ping packets to a destination. They printed the
packets onto paper, attached them to the leg of the pigeon and let 'er fly.
At the other end they removed the message and scanned it in. If anybody
took a look at the ping results, you might notice that half of the packets
got lost. Last time a cat was able to interrupt a ping was by knocking the
jack out of the switch.

Here's the link
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/04/30/0555218&mode=thread

Jeff