Re: [SLUG] This is a must --- you will enjoy.........

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 23:59:37 EDT

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 10:17:40PM -0700, ramiro souto wrote:

> Sorry:
> You are talking Chinese to me.

Not Chinese. G[r]eek.

> What is flash?

A [proprietary] way to show animations on websites.

> What is avi?

A format for showing animations as well.

> What is lesstif?

An Open Source version of Motif. Motif is, among other things, a
software library that allows you to write software that looks pretty in
X Windows. Motif is closed source, and other libraries have come along
that function the way Motif does, but are Open Source.

> What is netscape plugins?

Programs that sort of "link" to Netscape (or vice versa) to do things
Netscape can't do. For instance, Netscape can't natively play
animations. So, depending on the type of animation (AVI, Flash, etc.),
you would need a plug-in that handles those in order to play the
animations while browsing in Netscape. Certain other kinds of programs
also use plug-ins for similar reasons.

> What is konqueror?

KDE browser.

Paul