Re: [SLUG] Re: Paul thank you for your response, and some thoughts.

From: Glen Canaday (tuck@acer-access.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:44:29 EDT

Sorry about the flash thing, I didn't mean to talk down to you or be mean to
anyone, least of all a newbie who may not yet realize what I was complaining
about. It really wasn't you at all, it was me and all the compiling I did
building my system from scratch and still forgetting to install a library I
need to use netscape's plugin modules to view the flash animation in the
first place.

I apologize, this was my bad.

Tell you what -- to make it up to you, if you can come to the next Dunedin
meeting (I can't make any others), I'll help you install and answer any
questions you might have to the best of my ability about whatever doesn't
seem to make sense to you. I was in your shoes 2 1/2 years ago when I first
started, and there was no user's group in my area to answer any of the
multitudes of questions I had. I was coming off of a Win98 install that would
bluescreen everytime I tried to use my LS-120 (120meg floppy drive), when I
installed RedHat 5.1. Linux recognized and could use it without errors on the
first try -- and I was blown away. I hated the command line since I hadn't
used one since DOS 3.2, but I got used to it and eventually got to where I
was more comfortable with a Unix system than a Windows system. I still have
to use Windows at work, but I haven't touched it at home in almost a year
except to fix the girlfriend's computer.

        Glen