Re: [SLUG] LM 7.2 install scsi problem

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 12:34:11 EDT

On Sunday 06 May 2001 12:20 PM, you wrote:
> I'm trying to install Mandrake 7.2 on an AMD 1gig Tbird box.
> I'm installing to a 10gig IDE drive, (with an existing 40gig ide drive
> with W@#$%&s on it that I am leaving intact for now). When I install, i
> get to a screen that asks if I have any scsi devices. I don't, but can't
> get beyond this point. I haven't partitioned the drive yet for linux. I
> was expecting the installer to run the partitioner, but that's farther
> down the list.

Sorry Don't know the answer I played with the system so much that I honestly
do not know what I did but I had extensive problems with that too.

Try installing in another mode. I believe there are three but I could have it
mixed up with RH by now. Anyway if there are 3 then I used the second one. I
do know I did not use expert. Also I do know that there is no device that you
can select that will allow you to proceed to the next menu.

Thanks
Frank