[SLUG] Need Linux Debian-Stormix Help Please

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 18:10:59 EDT

A friend tinkered with my Linux-Debian-Stormix laptop and changed
a setting somewhere for the sound card, from Crystal to SB-compatible.
He is a RH guy and has forgotten where he was when he made the change.

Now when I try to get into the Storm Administration System to change
network and other settings I get an error referring to /etc/init.d/mid and
SAS refuses to open anything for editing.

HELP?!

Anyone know where Debian stores the sound card setup stuff so that I
may edit it, please? I have perused every directory and subdirectory I
could find using Midnight Commander as Root ... nada.

I have kppp running fine so that in terminal mode I can connect to my
ISP, but the next steps require some SAS changes.

Thanks! Doc