[SLUG] Firewalls and Linux from Scratch

From: Brigitte (search@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 22:00:39 EDT

I ran the scan and according to the results,
whatever_you_want_to_call_Black_Ice is at least serving some protection as
the probe couldn't detect I even had a live connection.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice and ideas at the meeting last night
on helping me decide how to determine which distribution might be best for
me. Hopefully I'll get something going within the next week. It was great
meeting some of you yesterday (forgive me, I can't remember names .. you
know who you are) and thanks for making me feel welcome.

I found an on-line book called "Linux from Scratch" which other beginners
may also find interesting.
ftp://download.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-book/3.0-pre2/uncompressed/LFS-BOOK-INTEL-3.0-pre2.txt

Brigitte