[SLUG] Cannon BCJ1000 Printer

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 09:41:59 EDT

We have 4 or 5 Cannon BCJ 1000 printers in use here in the office. These
printers belong to the firm but they have gracefully said that I may use one
on my Linux system.

Being suspicious about this I brought My HP printer which I know works on
Linux from home and proceed to set up the printer configuration , tested
same, and then printed several random pages from the internet so I know the
printer configuration works for that printer. This printer is physically too
large for my desk and besides I would rather have it at home. So I attempted
to install the Cannon printers. In particular the one I chose to set the
system up with is connected to a Win 95 box and has worked there for the past
2 years so I am fairly sure the printer works. Putting the two together a
working printer and a working computer should produce a print output. It does
not. The only conclusion that I can reach from this is that for some reason
or the other the Cannon print drivers are faulty. Does anyone have a
different explanation? If not where may I obtain the correct drivers for this
printer?

Thanks
Frank