Re: [SLUG] question

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 18:14:14 EDT

On Sat, 12 May 2001, patrick wrote:

> does anyone have any information as to the validity of this article.
> > http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00020.asp

Sure -- here is some unflattering information on the fashion
in which the article is offered. It is trollbait by another
'follow in the footsteps Mandrake newbie', presented on a host
running IIS (a Microsoft product), offering a printable form
in Word97 file (a Microsoft format), on a host served by two
nameservers in the same subnet (just like Microsoft), in
primitive layout -- 'one big article'.

It uses HTML containing Microsoft proprietary font suggestions
as its first two offerings "<Font
Face="tahoma,arial,helvetica" size="2" color="#000000">", and
is seemingly designed to produce ad impressing "<!--- START
HARDOCP pays us nothing per click button we just do this
cause we're nice --->" It uses artifacts to push content at
web-browsers to up hit counters.

Tell me -- you posted the link twice without summarizing
it. Were you trying to drive traffic at the site?

-- Russ Herrold