Re: [SLUG] question

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 19:07:41 EDT

> actually no i wasnt trying to drive traffic. if the article is correct
> and gnome's players are in trouble i suggested they join
> up with the KDE team. if the article is inaccurate then i guess
> i did drive up the traffic inadvertently. i do have opinion and i
> am not wishing gnome people any bad will . that is why
> i was asking around to get some verification about the article.

As for GNOME, "More bugs than a house in Florida"? HUH? From experience
here I can tell you that Gnome works fine (at least up to 1.2, and I'm
not sure about the version shipping with Drake, which I find tends to be
buggier than most distros). It has about as many bugs as KDE, though KDE
is an older generally more advanced desktop whose major problem is that
it is un-immaginative (I'm tired of people telling me that a
Windows-Like GUI is the only "user friendly" GUI and I refuse to believe
that that's as "intuitive" as things can get). Gnome is trying to head
in a somewhat different direction, which explains why the bugs are more
notable. You can "se" what they "try" to do. Due to that, age aside I
consider it the supersior desktop.

(For the record, I use Gnome on my Laptop and KDE on my desktop, so my
experience is pretty current.)

Norb