Re: [SLUG] RPMs and queries

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 07:39:17 EDT

On Monday 14 May 2001 02:06 am, Norb wrote:

Try using mc, it can enter rpm files just like a normal directory. I have
never done it, but I believe you can extract individual files. If not, you
can at least have a look at the directory structure. The REQUIRES file will
tell you the requirements etc. The file with a .cpio extension is the
compressed file holding the directory structure and all the files that will
be installed. Just enter the .cpio file the same as you did the directory.

mc and the console.....what wonderful tools in there!!

R.G. Mayhue