[SLUG] IRC Solutions

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 11:54:42 EDT

For those of you who do not know how to use I.R.C.

I will try to go over this at the Brandon Meeting this Thursday.

Next to help this one out.
>Tony Sutter said the following.

>1. I'm a lousy typest, tipest, tipeestt and a poorer speller.

Trust me this is a excellent way to get better. My typing speed went up from
30 words a minute to over 65+ so it helps. As for typos you do not get
kicked out
because of this. You can type just as bad sending a e-mail. Also some times
I will
use a word processor to type certain things and spell check so I do not
embarrass myself.

>2. Poor people skills. (I'm the only person I know that has been ejected
from a Dale Carnegie class)

This is a way to improve communication and have fun.

>3. Can't remember my alias and nick's. (So I end up getting into arguments
with myself)

You can set your nick and alias and save it so when you open your I.R.C.
Program you do not have to
type it every time.

>4. Not allowed to chat at work.

Neither am I but in the evening at my own house who is going to stop me???
You do not always have to do this at work hours. Again most of us are home
in the evenings so this
would be a good time to hang out and chat and relax and have some fun. Also
get some answers as well.

>5. I work on multiple systems over the entire county and it's just easier
scoop my e-mail than to set up a channel.

Well this one I am not sure as to why you would have to make this an issue.
I know for example at work
I have to use the Ms operating system. To keep it from being monitored or
installed on my machine I have the MIRC
for the Win version loaded on a floppy and can run it from the floppy once I
have my dial up connection going.
I am sure that the Linux version could as well and again if you can then you
save the setting once and you are in
business. How ever again during work hours could be rough. Again I do not
understand why all feel obligated to
chat during work hours IRC is 24 - 7. I would not try during work to much.
However I also have to worry about my Boss walking in while I am trying to
answer on here especially when I am running out of time
trying to answer something.

Any ways enjoy.

I wish everyone a great day and See you Thursday at the Brandon Meeting.

Bill Preece