[SLUG] This is Wierd has anyone else seen this?

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 16:49:09 EDT

My Son has installed Redhat Linux 6.2 three times with
the same problem. Seems the root password changes.
Each time he has to reinstall Linux to solve the
problem. Let me say that it's only root's password. su
still works. In other words if he tries to logon as
root he gets and invalid login prompt. If he logs in
as a user and su's he can login using the root
password. Is that STRANGE or what. I always thought
the root and su were the same.

Any thoughts on what his problem is/and how he stop
this from happening?

Thanks
Mike Manchester

=====