Re: [SLUG] Nead a job

From: patrick grantham (pwgrant@mailandnews.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 08:54:36 EDT

The fact that you used a vulgarity, actually shows a poor choice of words.
Using foul language generally implies that one could not think of the
appropriate phrasing to convey an opinion (or chose not to). If you have
children, how would you feel if a non-relative adult were using such
language to your son or daughter. Perhaps we should all remember the
childhood rule, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at
all."

By the way, you should consider checking your own grammar before you bash
others.

Fragment sentence:
>And you must be what, pushing 18?

Run-on sentence. The use of comma preceding the word "and" should be
avoided. You're missing a comma after the word "graduates." The word
"English" should be capitalized.
>I graduated high school at 17 in 1981, and if that is the level of english
of current high school graduates I am deeply >saddened.

Run-on sentence:
>as I stated before, I am not trying to be a dick, just making an
observation.

Although this might not be the case, but did you stop and consider that he
might be from another country? English might not be his native language?
My grammer is not perfect, but neither is yours.