Re: [SLUG] reKall

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 15:49:32 EDT

Ed Centanni wrote:

> patrick wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 20 May 2001 12:09 pm, you wrote:
> > > Sounds like ODBC to me.
> >
> > whats that
>
> Remember you asked!
>
> from the Webopedia site: http://www.pcwebopedia.com/TERM/O/ODBC.html

Gray propaganda here. ODBC was developed by a consortium of
manufactures, one of whom was microsoft. Ironically, ms uses the dbase
format on its platforms, which was developed by IBM with federal
government funding. ODBC is actually more versatile as it uses the
SQL. It is interesting that ms got full credit there for something it
was a minor contributor to.
Smitty