Re: [SLUG] need some help

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 19:33:19 EDT

On Sunday 20 May 2001 06:38 pm, you wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2001 18:08, patrick wrote:
> > i just downloaded freeamp and installed it. it was a rpm file.
> > now i cant find and ive looked and looked and can fint it.. any ideas ?
>
> You probably have a util that will view rpms (kpackage, xrpm, grpm), but
> from the command line : rpm -q does a query
> user@computer:~ > rpm -q freeamp
> freeamp-2.1.rc5-4

ok, i found it using grpm. my only problem is that it isnt listed
in my multimedia folder as it should be. i have found it now i
need to put it on my desktop but grpm wont let me do this.
thanks for the help from the other people but i couldnt read
the infor in the terminal. prints too small.
thanks