Re: [SLUG] Modem

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 19:14:00 EDT

Thanks Mark
I am in the process of following up on your suggestions; that will take a day
or two or maybe even three.
Just completed coping the first How To to paper so I can make notes in it.
After I begand to comprehend the issues I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks
Frank

On Monday 21 May 2001 01:43 pm, you wrote:
> PCI devices aren't usually PNP. Check to make sure there aren't jumpers
> on the card. Make sure the PCI slot is enabled in the BIOS. Read the
> Modem HOWTO in the LDP. Edit pnp.conf and un-comment out the port
> settings.

Haven't any idea of how to find out which ones yet.
I am working on this.

Make sure you are using the correct device when using your
> dialer.

That I doubt but again I haven't any idea of how to set this.
Need to read and study the How Tos first.

> Just a few things to check and get you going without knowing more.

<Snip>