Re: [SLUG] Hey, guess what???

From: Anita Pesola (jb2@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 13:22:41 EDT

Patrick wrote:

> Thanks for continuing to send email knowing it had an virus attachments.
> What was the name of the virus?

I didn't KNOW I was sending a virus---and it was the W32Badtrans, which
wasn't bad and wasn't replicated. I got it figured out and canned the
program doing it.

I find your comments very insulting. Most people who are unskilled at
computers don't know about virii unless it's pointed out to them--like
myself. I should think that you would be pleased that I'm no longer
running a program that allows for virii to spread instead of pointing
out how stupid I really am. I really don't need someone to point that
fact out--I'm pretty good at figuring it out for myself. Besides, I'm
still trying to figure out how I managed to get the virus in the first
place because there's firewalls in place that should have blocked it.

Now, I'm going to go play with Linux.

Anita