Re: [SLUG] (FWD) linux clustering

From: Tim K. (tkimball@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 14:57:11 EDT

I'm planning on using a rendering program call "Mental Ray" Mental
Ray is designed to run on parallel systems. I'm planning on having 8 AMD
1Gig T-birds which I plan to OC to 1.3-1.4Gig. the specs for the nodes are:

Iwill KK266
Athlon AXIA 1Ghz
Fan/heatsink (GlobalWin cac38)
Mushkin 512Mb DIMMs
floppy
HD 2 Gig IDE

the master node will be a dual Xeon II 450, that will be a dual-boot with
Linux and NT so it can serve as my workstation as well. Most Beowulf people
seem to be using Redhat, so I figured I'd probably do that to. I know
nothing about Linux, so at this point I figure I better get some advice.
Oh, also I'm planning on doing a small-scale trial run using some older PCs
I have in a closet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Kimball
Inferno Design Services