Re: [SLUG] Another CVS Question

From: Michael F. Richards (mrichard@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 18:43:42 EDT

They use CVS where I work to keep track of incremental builds within the
software engineering department but released version and revision
numbers are assigned by the configuration management department. We use
CVS tags to keep track of a particular Software Change Request that an
incremental build is based on. The version number has to do with a
particular product line and the revision number has to do with the with
the number of updates, placed under configuration management, to that
software version.